Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Pot-luck weddings

Ok, I know we live in Oklahoma and we are very near to Arkansas, but still.....I have never been invited to a pot-luck wedding reception, until now. We went a few weeks ago, and granted the wedding was nice (it only lasted 7 minutes), though the minister was a little creepy. The reception was interesting. It was held at the American Legion (and apparently if you're not old and a veteran/current military person you can't come in). I've never heard of this place before (naive as I may be), so as we go in the dance hall side we are serenaded by the karaoke from the bar. I'm, at this point, almost in tears from laughing so much and people are bringing in their food. I have no idea what to bring to a pot-luck wedding, so we brought a salad. There was anything from roasted jalapenos to chili to deviled eggs. I was impressed by the spread but also cautious! We ate and talked and had a good time, but left when the real drinking started....it was getting late anyway.

This is only a brief glimpse of what the evening was like, but I can definitely say I've been to a pot-luck wedding!

0 comments: